Annual Youth Conclave (Yuva Samabesh)
Annual Youth Conclaves are organized at district and regional level to promote dialogue and discussions among youth volunteers, share experiences, showcase success stories of young people as change agents, impact of the BYV movement in bringing about a positive developmental change in the lives of the youth and to recognize and encourage BYV for the innovative social actions taken at their localities At the District Youth Conclaves each Block/ULB selected 3 best BYV units with exemplary services in any given field and nominated them to the district. BYV units are selected from each of the 314 Blocks and 114 ULBs of Odisha. Subsequently, out of them 3 BYV units are awarded at the district conclaves. A Block Level Committee (BLC) and a District Level Committee (DLC) constituted did the screening of the nominations at the block and district level respectively. Ninety best BYV units are awarded and felicitated at the district conclaves. These district conclaves witnessed a staggering 45,000 youth participation across 30 districts of Odisha. The District Level Committees are headed under the Chairmanship of Respective District Collectors, with Project Director, District Rural Development Agency, District Sports Officer and the District Youth Coordinator, BYV as the members. Similarly, the Block Level Committees are headed under the Chairmanship of Block Development Officer with Block Panchayat Officer, Block Youth Coordinator BYV as members. Seven regional conclaves are held across the state commencing from 24th of January to 20th of February, 2019. At these regional conclaves ninety numbers of BYV units are felicitated. Each of the districts in Odisha have selected 5 best BYV units for felicitation. Regional youth conclaves were held in Bolangir, Sambalpur, Koraput, Kandhmal, Balasore, Cuttack and Khurda. The conclaves saw nearly three lakhvolunteers for exchange of ideas and the extravaganza added up the spice in form of musical nights from
District Youth Conclave :
- Participation of 1500 youth in each district.
- 45,000 Youth Participation from 30 Districts.
- Recognition/Awards to Best Three (3) from each block .
- District level Committee to screen & recommend for awards.
- 942 BYV from 314 Blocks to be awarded for their outstanding performance .
- Cultural Events and Motivational Sessions by Youth Icons.
Zonal Youth Conclave :
- Youth Conclave at 3 Zones (comprising 10 districts in each zone) .
- Participation of 10,000 youth in each Zone.
- 45,000 Youth Participation at 3 Zones .
- Recognition/Awards to Best Three (3) BYV from each District for their outstanding performance.
- Zonal level Committee to screen & recommend for awards and weightage/credit .
- 90 BYVs from 30 Districts awarded .
- Platform for showcasing of good practices and exchange of ideas .
- Sessions by Youth Icons.
- Cultural Events.
State Youth Conclave:
- Participation of 25,000 youth .
- Recognition/Awards to Best Three (3) YBs/Clubs at the highest level..
- State level Committee to screen & recommend for awards and weightage/credit .
- Platform for showcasing of good practices and exchange of ideas.
- Sessions by Youth Iconst .
- Cultural Events.
The events will be publicized in advance to generate interest so that young people from colleges, universities and communities prepare their case studies for presentation during the event. Pre-convention engagement with young people will be held through competitions and digital campaigns inviting ideas on programme branding and innovations. Efforts will be taken for wide coverage of the event through print, electronic, digital and social media.