‘MU HERO’ Campaign:
‘Mu Hero’ campaign was launched across Odisha by Hon’ble Chief Minister on 27th August 2018, to identify local heroes or ‘change agents’ who have set the benchmark for the community and who motivate and inspire others. Young girls and boys between the age group of 15-35 years, who have done exemplary work in their field of interest, who have motivated others and/ or have brought laurels for the State will be recognized and felicitated by the Government. The overall objective of the campaign is to recognize the local heroes/ change makers such that they feel motivated and in turn inspire their communities. An intensive campaign will be organized wherein a ‘Mu Hero’ Caravan will cover every district and block and engage with young boys and girls across the State. The caravan will cover colleges, panchayats, blocks and districts and will use various modes of communications viz: street plays, folk dance, music, games, theme based IEC materials, posters, theme based audio visuals etc. to create awareness about the campaign and engage young people during the activation.
IDENTIFICATION OF LOCAL HEROES
The campaign will also help in identification of local heroes during the process.
- The Heroes will be identified by the local community at the Panchayat and ULB level respectively.
- The Biju Yuva Vahinis at each Panchayat and ULB level will also help in the identification of the local heroes.
Odisha’s NEW HEROES... In quest of many more...
Click here to view list of more candidates across all the District
|NAME OF CANDIDATES
|| Environment (Spread messages on Conservation of Forest by all India Cycle Tour)
||Athlete ( Gold Medal Winner since last three years in State Athletic meet & 1st 20 K.M Walking)
||Culture (Achieved 1st Champion Trophy, Governor Trophy & 1st Position in the Youth National as Odissi Dancer)
||Social work (1.Awarded by Minister Debi prasad Mishra, 2.He is a Blood donor & also Oraganises Blood Donation Camp)
|NAME OF CANDIDATES
||Education (H.S.C topper in Balasore)
|Pragyn Prasanti Sahu
||Sports (Asian silver Medal)
||Young Scientist (Science & Environment)
|Subha Soruv Mohapatra
||Art & Culture (Singer: Runners up Saragamapa)
|Kali Charan Das
PROCESS OF THE ‘MU HERO’ CAMPAIGN:
- STATE LEVEL FLAG OFF:
- The Mu Hero Campaign was launched on August 27, 2018 amid a grand event organised at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Cuttack. The event witnessed participation from 5000 BYV volunteers and the flag off ceremony was inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister. Under the campaign, 6 canters are to cover all Blocks and ULBs across the state over a period of 2 months in a defined route plan and will use various modes of communications to engage with the youth.
- DISTRICT LEVEL FLAG OFF :
- As the canter reaches the District, it is intended to have a District level flag off in presence of local people’s representatives/District Collector and other dignitaries.
NOMINATIONS FOR MU HERO CAMPAIGN:
- For identification of local heroes, nominations for ‘MU HERO” is invited from every district. Biju Yuva Vahini volunteers and Block/ULB Youth Coordinators will facilitate the filing of nominations within their jurisdiction. Block wise nominations will be submitted at the District Level.
- The youth can file nominations themselves or can nominate others whose talent/ works/ achievements are befitting that of a ‘Hero’
- District Sports Officer will be the nodal person to receive the nominations from block level. Online entry of the nominations will be done by the District Sports Officer with the support from District Youth Coordinator.
- Provision for on spot filing of nominations on the day of canter activation at the block level shall also be open to encourage nominations of any good practices/ initiatives from the block, in case of not being filed within the due date.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION FOR MU HERO:
- Youth who have taken initiative/ leadership during any of the following:
- Natural calamities (epidemics/ flood/ cyclone or any other natural calamity)
- Crisis management and social unrest
- Health and hygiene
- Act of bravery
- Women empowerment
- Civic sense
- Breaking myths and social taboos/ building scientific temperament
- Youth who have taken a leading role in pursuing/advocating education
- Youth who have shown innate enterprise to create awareness and spearhead movements of community welfare
- Youth who have set examples in the field of entrepreneurship, made innovations to ease the life of community at large
- Youth who have excelled in sports, art & culture, literature and earned laurels at the state level & beyond
- Youth who have been good Samaritans and helped people for medical treatment or during calamities
- Youth who have taken special initiatives/ efforts to initiate cleanliness drives, plantation drives or de addiction/ anti drugs/ alcohol abuse campaigns
- Youth who have been change agents by publishing their change oriented and enlightening ideologies in larger public interest
- SCRUTINY OF NOMINATIONS AND FELICITATION/ RECOGNITION:
District Level Committee for Biju Yuva Vahini will be responsible to scrutinize and select the nominations. In addition to the District Level committee members, additional members as mentioned under may be invited as special invitees for scrutiny of the nominations.
- Academic person of repute from the district
- Social expert from the district
- Youth icon/ achiever from the district
- Representative from State Youth Welfare Board
- FELICITATION OF HEROES AT DISTRICT & STATE LEVEL
District Level Committee will select maximum 10 best nominations who will be felicitated at the District level Youth Conclave. Further, District Level Committee will recommend 5 Best selections for State Level Recognition & Felicitation. It is proposed that 150 selected Heroes (@ 5 selected heroes/ per district) will be felicitated at State Level Youth Conclave.