About BIJU YUVA VAHINI
The BYV sub-scheme, the first of its kind in India, was introduced by the Department of Sports and Youth Services (DSYS) Government of Odisha with the Cabinet’s approval on 14th March 2018.
- Channelize the immense energy of the youth of Odisha towards Nation-Building Activities .
- Inspire the Spirit of Volunteerism.
- Promote active participation in various Social Action Projects and Community Engagement Activities.
- Encourage traits of Comradeship; Personality Development, Leadership Qualities, National Character and Good Citizenship.
- Engage the youth between the ages of 15 -35 in the state.
- Make the youth the focal point for dissemination of knowledge within the community.
- Target youth interventions through Sports, Social, Art & Culture programmes across the state.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and scientific temper amongst them .
- 8000 BYVs will form across all 6799 Panchayats and 114 Urban Local Bodies .
- Build youth networks through an online youth voices platform.
- Interactions, feedback, sharing of experiences and documentation of best practices .